ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management System
ASA has been providing Energy Management System Certification audit since 2016 .
ISO 50001 is an energy management system standard meant to help organizations improve how they use energy. The standard promotes energy efficiency through measures and controls meant to help you reach your energy goals. ISO 50001 does NOT set energy goals; it is up to the organization to decide what they wish to achieve.
ISO 50001 is based – like most management standards – on the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) model. The PDCA model facilitates continual improvement, a guiding tenet of successful ISO standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. The principles of continual improvement help your organization get better with time, which gives organizations the potential for more savings as time goes on.
In addition to cost savings, ISO 50001 is intended to accomplish the following:
- Assist organizations in making better use of their existing energy consuming assets
- Offer guidance on benchmarking, measuring, documenting, and reporting energy intensity improvements and their projected reductions in greenhouse gas emissions
- Create transparency and facilitate communication on the management of energy resources
- Promote energy management best practices and reinforce good energy management behaviours
- Assist facilities in evaluating and prioritizing the implementation of new energy efficient technologies
- Provide a framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain
- Facilitate energy management improvements for greenhouse gas emission reduction projects
- Allow integration with other organization management systems such as environment and health & safety
The advantages of being ISO 50001:2018 Certified
- The ISO 50001 energy management standard has a host of benefits for organizations who implement it effectively.
- Another benefit of ISO 50001 certification is its emphasis on continual improvement. As time goes on, your organization will continue to get better at managing its energy. This opens the door for additional cost savings for many years to come.
- Lastly, certifying your organization to the ISO 50001 standard shows your public commitment to energy management. Consumers and buyers are now more aware of their impact on the environment, and this realization is affecting their purchasing decisions. With ISO 50001, you can assure your customers that efficient energy use is one of your top priorities